Jaylin Williams Road to the World Cup

Jaylin Williams Road to the World Cup

Alivia Gutierrez, Contributor

As the heat starts to kick in, we all know that it’s time for the big basketball events to start up again. This also goes for Jaylin Williams, who has been playing basketball since he was in high school. He grew up in Fort Smith where he then went on to play for the basketball team for Arkansas. 

Now a rising sophomore for the Arkansas basketball team, Jaylin Williams has been selected to attend the USA Basketball Men’s U19 training camp. Jaylin will also be competing for a spot in the 2021 FIBA world cup. In the article it states, “The Fort Smith native played in 26 games with five starts this past season, including the final three games of the NCAA Tournament. He helped Arkansas post a 25-7 record and the Razorbacks were 13-4 in SEC play to finish second” (arkansasrazorback.com).  Jaylin Williams will bring the Arkansas team to the world cup with his skills, he has so far in his freshman year been the only Arkansas Razorback to come off the bench and get 10 rebounds three times in a season. 

With Jaylin being accepted into the Razorback team, he will make history on that team with his skills. In one article it states, “Scored six points with seven rebounds, including six on the defensive end” (razorbacks.com) This is just the beginning for Jaylin Williams; with his skills he will be able to make it to world cup.