Volunteering: Carolina Yeargin

Bri Neily, Contributor

Carolina Yeargin is a junior at Ashley Ridge High School, who has committed countless hours of her time to volunteer work in two small, yet very impactful nonprofit organizations.

When she was eight, Yeargin began volunteering at Bingo for the Blind, a small organization that raises money for blind people who need eye surgery but have no way of affording it.  Bingo for the Blind is a nonprofit located in Edisto, SC that many tourists enjoy participating in during the summer months. Yeargin began volunteering there over summer break with her father when she lived in Edisto. She says she “absolutely loves the atmosphere and the purpose” of Bingo for the Blind.

When Yeargin was in seventh grade, she began volunteering all her available Saturdays at Summerville Miracle League, a baseball program for children with disabilities. Yeargin’s brother, who has mild autism, started playing there years ago, and her, her parents and her sister all began volunteering there together. Summerville Miracle League is located in Summerville, SC, and all of it’s workers and volunteers strive to put a smile on the faces of every child there. Yeargin says that Miracle League “has become a tradition and I absolutely love the cause.”

Caroline Yeargin plans to (most definitely) continue volunteering for these two organizations for as long as she lives in Summerville.