Rise Above Senioritis

January 6, 2016

latimes.com

Rise Above Senioritis

latimes.com

latimes.com

latimes.com

latimes.com

“Senioritis” affects the graduating class every year. The excitement of the approaching cap and gown day and thoughts about what life will be like afterwards gets to students’ heads. The tell-tale symptom is general laziness; lower grades, increased absences, frequently skipping classes, and incomplete assignments follow.

The tell-tale symptom is general laziness; lower grades, increased absences, frequently skipping classes, and incomplete assignments follow.”

With the completion of college applications and some acceptance letters already received, it is easy to find a lack of motivation. However, the second semester of a high school senior’s year does matter. Colleges request grade reports even after your acceptance letter has been mailed. If a student’s GPA falls below a certain point, admission could potentially be reconsidered.

It is important to remember that the last phase before adulthood is coming to an end. Students work vigorously from middle school through high school and it would be a shame to see hard work go to waste with less than a year left.

Enjoy the final moments as much as you can, but don’t forget about school completely. Have fun and stay involved, but keep a focus on classwork. It will all be worth it in the end.