Coastal Carolina Fair

Coastal Carolina Fair Google search

Coastal Carolina Fair Google search

Liz King, Writer

Step right up and come take a trip down to the Coastal Carolina Fair. The Coastal Carolina Fair offers fun for all ages, and is a great time to spend with your loved ones. You’ll experience rides and all kinds of food vendors, along with arts and entertainment.

The fair is starts this Friday October 27th, and goes until November 6th. You will find the Coastal Carolina fair at Exchange park, where your local flea market takes place on the weekends. Typically the fair is open noon to 10:00 pm; admission to enter ranges from $4-10. Ride vouchers through October 26th are $18, and after are $20-25.

The Coastal Carolina Fair has been around since the year 1924. It even survived The Great Depression and the most devastating war, World War II. Going from 38 acres of land to more than 170 acres and parking for over 10,000 cars, the fair has a home that will serve the Tri-county area for years to come.

The fair offers many rides for all ages. One of the most popular rides is Crazy Mouse,  it has hairpin turns and exciting drops, then the vehicle begins to spin! Another popular ride is The Giant Wheel it towers over 110′ above the ground, and at night you’ll see it’s beautiful LED lights. 

Coastal Carolina Fair offers many arts and entertainments. They have contest all through out the fair’s time, and they have art shows as well. So many food vendors will be at the fair, you will be able to find all types of food; including your favorite spot for Elephant Ears.

When asking Ashley Ridge students what is you favorite part of the fair here is what some said. Junior Olivia Brown said “The food is the best part, I love the variety the fair has to offer.”  Senior Tyler Braun said “Spending time with my family is what I really enjoy about the fair.”

Get your tickets before the fair is gone, you won’t want to miss the Coastal Carolina fair!