Gatsby Takes Over Ashley Ridge

Left+to+Right%3A+Calysta+Sylvester%28Junior%29%2C+Kelsey+Hearing+%28Junior%29+Megan+%28Junior%29%2C+Kylee+Brooks+%28Junior%29+at+the+Homecoming+Dance+

Olivia Brown

Left to Right: Calysta Sylvester(Junior), Kelsey Hearing (Junior) Megan (Junior), Kylee Brooks (Junior) at the Homecoming Dance

Olivia Brown, Writer

Ashley Ridge High School ended their homecoming week with their annual Homecoming dance. Students and faculty gathered together on Saturday Night to dance the night away.

The homecoming dance was put together by English teacher, Ms.White, and the student council at Ashley Ridge. They chose the theme for the dance, prepared decorations, hired a DJ and gather lite appetizers for the dance.

“I am on the student council this year and I really enjoyed putting the dance together as well as being able to step back and see all of the work that we put in. I really did enjoy the night,” said Junior, Kylee Brooks.

The theme for the dance this year was The Great Gatsby. Students were encouraged to dress semi-formal in their best 1920’s attire. Many of the girls wore elaborate, sparkled dresses. The boys were dressed in nice, buttoned dress shirts with black ties.

“I thought the theme was pretty cool,” said Sophomore Madison Broughton. “Everyone was dressed up so nicely and the cafeteria had cool props to resemble The Great Gatsby.”

The homecoming dance had a great turnout and many students were able to dance the night away. There was great music and it was nice to see students outside of a school atmosphere having a great time.

The homecoming committee has already discussed the success of the dance and can’t wait to look forward to next year!