The United States of America Elects New President

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States

Olivia Brown, Staff Writer

The Trump dynasty will soon be making their way into the White House. Donald J. Trump has been elected the 45th President of the United States for the next 4 years. With the loss of the popular vote, Trump took the electoral vote and defeated Secretary Hilary Clinton.

On Tuesday Night, the votes were rolling in. The popular vote between Clinton and Trump was neck and neck. It became anyone’s title to take early in the evening. Slowly but surely, Trump started to take the lead with the electoral votes and it happened very quickly.

Many states that have been blue in the past, or were expected to be blue for this election, turned out to be red. Trump captured a total of 279 electoral votes while Clinton only got 228. He won 28 states in the country and many states (ex. Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Ohio) that normally vote democratic, were red this year.

With the new President-Elect being one of the most disliked presidential candidates in history, his victory has had multiple repercussions in the country. Many states, like California, have not been shy about speaking out. Multiple schools in California have begun protesting along with many other unhappy states. “I came out here to let go of a lot of fear that was sparked as soon as I saw the results,” protester Nick Powers said.

Other people are very excited about the future of our country. A student at Ashley Ridge High School said, “I would rather have Trump as President than a lying, snake of a woman for President.”

Millions of people have shared their opinions online. It has become the hot topic of the month and will continue to be for next few months leading to Trump’s inauguration.