AR HOSA Gives Back Blood

American Red Cross Blood Drive

American Red Cross Blood Drive

Olivia Brown, Staff Writer

Each year at Ashley Ridge, the HOSA club organizes multiple blood drives throughout the year. This past Friday, HOSA kicked off the year with their first blood drive for the students and faculty.

In order to be eligible to donate blood through American Red Cross, a students has to be 16 years or older, and have parent consent. The day of the blood drive, each person has to have a steady correlation between their weight and heir height. Each individual’s iron level also has to be high enough to give blood.

Everyone can have their own reason for donating blood. Whether you experienced the loss of a family member or just want to help out, giving blood is important.

According to American Red Cross, “Whatever your reason, the need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply.”

Mrs. Elwood runs the American Red Cross event through Ashley Ridge with her students. “I can’t thank HOSA enough for hosting another very successful blood drive.  We had over 74 usable units donated on Friday.  The Foxes are saving lives,” said Mrs.Radcliffe.

If you are not old enough this year, there are blood drives constantly happening all the time in and out of schools. Go out and save a life.