Swamp Fox Stage Presents: David and Lisa

David+and+Lisa+Play+2016+

David and Lisa Play 2016

David and Lisa Play 2016

David and Lisa Play 2016

David and Lisa Play 2016

Olivia Brown, Staff Writer

The Swamp Fox Stage has added to their list of shows. They recently performed the Silver Lion Award Winning play, David and Lisa. All of the students were rehearsing and practicing for a few months and their hard work payed off.

The play is bout a young boy, David Clemens, who establishes a legitimate fear that he will die if he is to come into contact with another person. Clemens’ mother has placed him in a home for the mentally disturbed, and he is extremely unsociable towards the other with him. While staying extremely distant from everyone in the home, he ends up falling for a young woman named Lisa. She has an internal struggle with her multiple personalities. As a result, David becomes very interested in her.

The main character, David, was played by Zay Bromley. Lisa was played by Adelaide Loveday. Loveday has starred in multiple plays at Ashley Ridge and is heavily involved in the theatre department.

“The set build took from the time the cast list was announced until the week before the play. We also had set build days where we would not rehearse and just help build the sets,” said Senior, Heather Elliot.

Kyra Derrick, a cast member, stated, “I really love my theatre family. We have so much fun and I was really proud to be a part of this production.”

The next Swamp Fox production will be The Wizard of Oz. Students who are already interested in auditioning can sign up now and grab more information from the theater teacher, Mrs.Brower, or Mr.Culbreth.