ARHS Relay for Life Takes on the Kiawah Marathon

Ashley Ridge Relay for Life cleaning up after their station was cleared at the Kiawah Marathon

Olivia Brown, Writer

This past Saturday, the Relay for Life club at Ashley Ridge High School teamed up with the Kiawah Island Marathon to volunteer during the race. AR Relay volunteers each year, and it was a definite success this year.

Around 40 kids gathered together at Ashley Ridge at 4:30 A.M to travel to Kiawah. Mr.Pieretti and Mrs.Cochran, a former Ashley Ridge teacher, are always the supervisors on this trip. Mrs. Cochran said, “I really enjoyed coming back to volunteer and spend my Saturday with some of my former students. We had a great time and it was really fun.”

Ashley Ridge takes pride in how we get our students to volunteer at events happening all around our area. Multiple student clubs from Ashley Ridge volunteered including but not limited to:  AR Women’s Soccer, AR HOSA, AR Baseball, and many more.

“Even though it was super cold, we were able to make a lot of the runners happy by volunteering to help pass out water and Gatorade. It was a successful day,” said AR Junior Kylee Brooks.

Ashley Ridge’s Relay for Life club volunteers and attends events all year leading up to the Relay for Life Walk in April each year.