The Ones Who Dream

Megan Schoepke, Newspaper Student

La La Land, is a movie that will be watched for generations to come.  It is a film that brings back the old Hollywood vibe on the big screen. What made it so special are the actors that made the production come to life. The beauty behind it was incredible. I was impressed by the beautiful cinematography because it showed how dedicated they were on making this movie a one of a kind work of art. Watching La La Land on the big screen will be a film that everyone remembers.

Damien Chazelle wrote the whole story line for the film. Chazelle wanted something that was a modern day musical and that would bring back  many elements from old Hollywood glamour of Los Angeles. He wanted the music to be fun, loving and enjoyable on screen.

The movie is about two people living in Los Angeles, California trying to be successful and trying to build their relationship. They are trying to achieve their best and to pursue their careers.

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling were the two main roles in La La Land. Stone plays Mia, an aspiring actress trying to make it big in Hollywood. Gosling plays Sebastian, a jazz pianist hoping to bring back the love for jazz music.

In my perspective, the best scene out of the whole movie was the performance as a whole. The choreography was exquisite to watch because the performers were very dedicated and inspiring.

Out of all the scenes in the movie, the worst part was the fact it had to end too soon. I wanted a little more detail in the end because it was an ending I didn’t expect at all.

The costuming was elegant and very retro. The colors scheme they made for the costumes was bright and colorful. Many outfits the actors wore were very vintage. The colors were blue, yellow and pink, which were very glowing.

The special effects were pure beauty. The fireworks in the movie were creative and very colorful. It brought so much light and love.

Teenagers all the way up to adults would love this film. It shows people can dream and be a dreamers. La La Land is full of laughs, tears, and smiles. Anything is possible as long as you work for it, then you can achieve anything in life.