Men’s Soccer Competes in Bryan Ostrower Showcase

AR Men's Soccer

AR Men's Soccer

Olivia Brown, Writer

The Ashley Ridge Men’s Varsity Soccer team played in their first season tournament of the year this weekend. In two days, the team played three games and successfully came out on top.

On Friday Night, the swamp foxes played their first game against Blythewood High School. The game resulted in a tie of 0-0. Junior, Austin Porter, supplied the team with a shutout to keep the game tied.

On Saturday, the Ridge competed in two games. They defeated the Trojans of Northwestern High School with a 2-1 score. Seniors, Trevor Ryba and Noah Antor, pulled through and scored the team their goals. Later in the day, the boys played against the Stallions of South Pointe High School. This game also resulted in a tie of 0-0, and Porter also earned his second shutout of the season to keep the game tied.

In addition to the great weekend, two of the Varsity players received Honors from the tournament. Porter, a team Keeper, and Noah Antor, a team Midfielder, were named to the Bryan Ostrower Showcase Tournament All-Tournament Team. This is the first time in team history that the team has had two young men named with Honors from this tournament.

“The boys played really well, and I’m very proud of them,” said Men’s Coach Mr.Harris.

Congratulations to the Men’s Varsity Soccer team. They will be back in action Tuesday night for their first home game in the regular season.