Ashley Ridge HOSA Comes out on Top

SC+HOSA+

Ashley Ridge HOSA Comes out on Top

SC HOSA

SC HOSA

SC HOSA

SC HOSA

Olivia Brown, Writer

The Ashley Ridge HOSA team dominated their competition at the South Carolina State Leadership Conference and Competition this past weekend. Out of the twenty six students who competed, seventeen of them placed in the top 5 spots.

The HOSA organization, Health Occupations Students of America, is an international program for students who wish to learn about and promote health care and health occupations to the world.

Multiple groups within the HOSA program competed. The MRC Team consisted of Jackson Radcliffe, Emily Loehrke, Brooke Thompson, and Abbey Young.  They placed 1st overal in their category. Madelynn Wildes earned herself a first place win in Medical Reading and Joy Bernal also earned herself a first place win as well in Medical Math.

The Creative Problem Solving Team: Carly Platt,Tyler Kelly, and Hannah Butcher placed third in their category.

A special shout out to Kelsey Hearing, also a member of the Creative Problem Solving Team, for being named as the South Carolina HOSA Board Secretary.

Corde Weeks, Tyra Stewart, and Asia Benjamin placed in the top 5 for the public health category. Ashlyn Soule and Emily Hathcock placed in the top 5 for the CERT category. Christina Hoover placed in the top 5 for Medical Terminology and Chase Perdue placed in the top 5 for Epidemiology.

“We all worked really hard and it was great to see everyone’s hard work pay off,” said Platt.

At the competition, the teams were asked to present their work for the year and participate in multiple medical scenarios with other schools from around the state. Guest speakers were invited to talk at the competition to give the students a professional insight on the medical world.

Congratulations to the AR HOSA Team and their advisers on another successful State competition. Each student/group who placed in the top 3 or higher will compete at the 40th Anuual International HOSA competition in Orlando, Florida, this summer.