ARHS Women’s Soccer Beats Sumter High School

ARHS+Women%27s+Soccer+

ARHS Women's Soccer

ARHS Women's Soccer

ARHS Women's Soccer

ARHS Women's Soccer

Olivia Brown, Writer

The ARHS Women’s soccer team defeated Sumter High School in the first round of their state playoffs. Sumter High School fell to the Swamp Foxes 8-0 and are now knocked out of the playoffs.

Four goals were scored in the first half of the game, and another four were scored in the second half of the game.The girls did not let up on Sumter, and were able to pull out a win.

Ryce Erickson and Campbell Gibson both scored two goals to put points on the board. Brooke Bozarth, Skylar Davis, Karson Davis, and Addi Wells were all able to score one goal which put them way ahead of Sumter.

Team goalie, Delaney Hood, was able to record the amazing game that the girls played on Monday.

Because the girls team as won their first round of playoffs, the next game they play will be harder then the first. SCHSL Soccer playoff games are also “one and done,” which means that if they lose a game they are done for the season.

“I’m really proud of how we played last night, and I’m excited to see how we will perform on Wednesday,” said Junior Samantha D’Orio.

The Women’s Soccer team will face Lexington High School, last year’s State Championship winners, in the next round of their playoffs on Wednesday. They will be traveling to Lexington to face them.

God luck to our lady Swamp Foxes!