Ashley Ridge Track Team Finishes 2016-17 Season

AR+Track

AR Track

AR Track

AR Track

AR Track

Olivia Brown, Writer

The Ashley Ridge Track Team completed their season this past weekend at the State Finals at Spring Valley High School. After a long 4 moth season, they ended it with a bang.

Senior captain, Caleb Tyler, was the only member from the Ashley Ridge Men’s track team to make it to the state finals. This year, he was able to break the long standing 100m and 200m record at the regional meet and the state qualifying meet. HE was also a part of the 4×1 boys team, which was also able to break the school record with a time of 43:38.

Tyler qualified for state in the 100m dash. He placed 8th overall in the entire state from the 5A region schools. He ran with a time of 11:40 and represented the boys team extremely well.

The girls 4×4 relay team also competed at the state meet on Saturday. They were the only members of the girls team to compete at the state finals. They were able to break the school record at the State qualifying meet with a time of 4:07  and make it to state. Seniors Cailah Warner and Kelly Burchette were able to lead the relay team to an 7th place overall finish in the 5A region. Nadia Goodwine and Nia Portis were also a major part of the really team as well.

With the addition of news coaches to the staff and new runners every year, the Ashley Ridge Track and Field program will on get better year after year. Congratulations to the team an a great season.