Use the force to go see The Force Awakens!

The first movie of the new sequel trilogy is

The first movie of the new sequel trilogy is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

Tyler Harbert

No more than 40 years ago, one of the soon to be biggest blockbusters ever was released. The movie Star Wars was making its way through the theaters and now the original movie is still being talked about along with the newest one. The newest Star Wars movie Star Wars, The Force Awakens is making just as big of impact in box offices as the original itself did. Directed by J.J. Abrams, the newest film stars almost the entire cast of the original movie. The cast of the new film is made up of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamel, and Carrie Fisher and others. Ford plays the long time pilot and con-man Han Solo, along with Hamel starring as the long time star, Luke Skywalker. Fisher, who played the role of Princess Leia throughout the many movies is most well known for her roles as the princess but could no longer continue to make any possible Star Wars movies to come due to her tragic death in December 2017. The new faces of this film are Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey ,a young scavenger along with another new face whom is John Boyega. John Boyega plays a storm trooper named FN-2187, which whom is later referred to as Finn .As the Seventh movie of the Star Wars films and the first film of the new Star Wars: Sequel Trilogy the long awaited return of the new film has sparked a new life to the long time Star Wars fans.

Just as it was in the first film there is an enemy led army but instead of the galactic empire, the new army that has risen in the first order. The first order is led by Kylo Ren, who is played by Adam Driver. There is the “Good” side of this long enduring battle between the two sides that is referred to as “The Rebellion” who is trying to bring down the empire. “The Rebellion” against the first order is led by Princess Leia and is later joined by Han Solo and his loyal companion Chewbacca. They are attempting to take down the First Order along with trying to locate their previous leader and chief Luke Skywalker. He disappeared after he had been training a new set of soon to be Jedi’s and one of his trainee’s was influenced by the dark side and turned against him. The Jedi in training that had turned against him had killed all the other Jedi’s and before he could get to his master, Luke went into hiding. The rebellion is joined by Rey and Finn who had each escaped from the first order and want to help join in to try and bring justice against Kylo Ren and his army.

J.J. Abrams, who directed and wrote this sequel, has been well known throughout film producers for a long time due to his history in working in films. Prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens he had directed many other blockbuster hits such as Armageddon and Super 8 which all did very well in theaters. Though the other films did not do anywhere near as well as his new film, which is now the third-highest-grossing film of all time, one of the reasons that the film is so popular is due to Abram’s choice on who was in charge of the music. Throughout every film of the Star Wars genre the soundtrack and music is what has enhanced the film and acting. The music that Abrams had put into the film has made certain scenes stand out more than others, such as at the end when Rey is on a journey searching for the Jedi master Luke Skywalker. The music that is played on her journey makes the tone of that scene and the end of the film seem adventurous and most importantly hopeful. The music that Abrams used throughout all of his most well known movies are all highly praised one for their acting that goes with the music and sound choice.

This film is very adventurous and full of action, but there is death, which is why this film might be best for an audience that is of a higher age. Though many young children will like the film due to how much action there is, they might not exactly know how to process death and how it works which, is why children of a young age should possibly not see it. This film is perfect for adults and young teens though who enjoyed watching the original trilogy when they were at a younger age and are looking for a sequel of the films that they enjoyed so much while growing up. The directing and acting throughout this film is what will make audiences want to come back and watch this film again and again.