Anti Worth the Listen?

work

In January of 2016, Rihanna debuted her album Anti. This being her best album yet. With the release of eight studio albums, Anti showed its true meaning. The 29-year old artist made sure this album was a mix of R&B, Rock, and Pop so it can appeal to all types of people. Only on its first week Anti sold 166,oo album copies alone in the USA. Everything about this album was stunning. From the album cover to the last song on the album, flawless. Anti was that album of 2016, and the charts showed it.

Anti was a variety mixture of break up songs, confidence songs, and love songs. Each song had its own sound. For instance, her number one single “Work”, which also features Drake, has this Rastafarian vibe to it. The beat is so up you have no choice but to get up and dance. Although Anti has it fun upbeat songs, it does tend to have in your feels type of songs. Other songs on the album such as “Needed Me” are very slow and sensual. It speaks on how Rihanna previous ex needs her in the relationship and outside of the relationship, regardless if they are together or not. The majority of the songs on this album have its switch ups leaving listeners happy and interested for the next song.

Nothing on Anti would be consider uninteresting. Producers Jeff Bhasker and DJ Mustard made sure this album had everything to offer. Only one problem that affected the album in a bad way is visuals. Visuals give listeners or even more descriptive meaning behind the album or song alone. If music videos could have been demonstrated in majority of the album, the Barbarian artist would have gotten Best Recording Package at the Grammy’s this past year. Unfortunately, much effort wasn’t put in as it was for sound.

Overall, Anti is a remarkable album that gave us details and a connection with Rihanna. It makes listeners crave more of the singers talent. You can tell Rihanna put months worth of work and dedication within the sound of this album. With all that was put into this album you can simply say, Rihanna did that.