Trust the Process

The new word on the street is Trust the Process in Phildelphia. After the Phildephia Eagles won the super bowl championship and the Villianova Wildcats won a national championship, the city of Phildelphia is on top of the world.

The 76er’s organization started in 1946 as the Srycuse Nationals. They play in the Wells Fargo Center which is located in the center of Philidephia and has a capaticty of 19,500. For their success, they have 11 divison championship (last in 2001), NBA titles 3 which were in 1955, 1967, 1983 and also have 50 playoff apperecnes.(https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/)

This years starting lineup includes, Robert Covington, Joel Embiid, J.J Redick, Dario Saric, and Ben Simmions. The bench includes Marco Belinelli, Ersan llyasova, Markelle Fultz, T.J McConnell, and Justin Anderson.(http://www.nba.com/sixers/stats)

The team made a huge jump from last year record to this year by going from 28-54 to almost flipping their record to 52-30. This jump was helped by these stats improving like Points Per Game (PPG) which was 7th out of 30 team, Rebounds Per Game (RPG) which was ranked first out of 30 teams, Assist Per Game (APG) which was 2nd out of 30, and Opposing Points Per Game was ranked 11th out of 30 teams.

Players are how you get to the top and their stats is how trust the process has so far worked out. Joel Embiid averged 22.9 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 3.2 APG, and played 63 out of 82 games.(http://www.espn.com/nba/team/photos/_/name/phi/philadelphia-76ers) Which compared from last year stats which were 20.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 2.1 APG, and played 31 out of 82 games. He was a factor in their comeback season for the Sixers.

Rookie of the Year Canadiate Ben Simmions missed all of last year so this is his rookie year. In his rookie year Simmions averged 15.8 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 8.2 APG, and Played every game but one. He is a star in the making as we see already.

A player who has been amazingly consistence for the Sixers over just two years is Dario Saric. Dario Saric has improved in points by 1.8 PPG, 0.4 RPG, 0.4 APG, and has played 3 less games. Also the final player of the future of Trust the Process is Markelle Fultz. The first pick in the draft last year has played only 14 games as a shoulder problem has kept him from shooting the way he wants to but he is so talented he can get to the basket and score 7.1 PPG.

Most fans love players on the 76ers. One player is the cocky Joel Embiid, but others like Josh Traylor a 8th Grader says ” Ben Simmions because he plays as a team but is talented enough to score when he wants to. The 76ers are a popular team with a fun saying Trust the Process.

The team made the playoffs this year and are hoping for a run as a 3 seed. They are playing the 6 seed Miami Heat. If they win they play the winner of the 2 seed Boston Celtics or the 7 seed Milwaukee Bucks. If they can win that game they play the bottom half of the Eastern Confrence. They bottom half includes 1 seed Toronto Raptors, 8 seed Washington Wizards, 4 seed Cleveland Cavilaries, and 5 seed Indiana Pacers.

People will be watching if the Process works in Philedephia and the city can get close to another championship.