A Quiet Place

Tyra Elliott

If you’re looking for a horror movie that contains suspense and a few good jump scares, then A Quiet Place is perfect for you. The movie came out on April 5th of this year. The film is rated PG-13, due to violence and scary images and it is 1 hour and 30 minutes long. It is produced, directed, and written by John Krasinski. It was also written by Scott Beck and Bryan Woods.

The movie is about a family that is forced to be silent in order to not be hunted down by creatures. When the family is heard by the creature, one of the family members flicks on a light switch that changes the lightbulb color to white from red, to alert the family of the danger. Once it happens, they go to a soundproof basement and stay in there until it is safe, but the creatures don’t easily give up until they find the family. The main character is Lee Abbott, (John Krasinski) who tries to help his family survive the horror events around them. Evelyn Abbott, (Emily Blunt) is a doctor and mother of soon to be four children who also helps her children and husband survive. Marcus Abbott (Noah Jupe) is the oldest son of Lee and Evelyn and brother of Regan and Beau Abbott. Regan Abbott (Millicent Simmonds) is the deaf daugter that uses sign languge to talk to her family. Beau Abbott (Cade Woodward) is the youngest son.

The setting is taken place in the year 2020, when animals have been mutated and have the power to hear sounds from far away. The music brings suspension and also some scare into it, making the watcher feel like they are part of the movie. The actors were very serious in the movie and made the watchers think that it was happening some where in the world. The view from the cameras showed a wide view outside of the families place, to show what was going on around them.

Kavon Glenn, a student at Ashley Ridige, had seen the movie. “It was very terrific. It left me on the edge of my seat, making wanting to know what else is going to happen!” He said. A Quiet Place has been the number 1 hit for about a week. Rotten Tomatoes had given the movie a 9 and a half stars out of ten.  If you are a big horror fan, then this movie is perfect for you and your fellow friends that also enjoy a excellent horror movie, but make sure you are quiet, so that you don’t get hunted down by the creatures that lurk in the dark.