Panic! At The Disco Back With A New Album

picture from RecordPusher.com

picture from RecordPusher.com

Panic! at the Disco will realease their sixth album, titled, Pray For The Wicked, on June 22, 2018. There are currently two new songs already available: “Say Amen,” and “Silver Lining.” The “Say Amen” music video will be a sequel to two previous music videos, “This is Gospel,” and “Emperors New Clothes.” Panic! will also be going on tour from July 11-August 15.

Brendon Urie, the songwriter and vocalist of Panic! at the Disco, as well as the only original member remaining, was recently in the Broadway production of Kinky Boots. According to his Instagram Livestream on February 21, a few songs will cover his experiences on Broadway. He says, “Theres no way I can’t let some Broadway seep into it. That’s something that Panic has always done…I think that’s going to continue and only get better now that I’ve had some hands on experience with it (Entertainment Weekly).”

Pray for the Wicked will have a variety of music, from “A song thats just piano and vocal,” to “Some fun party production.” Urie says that this album will be more “Relying on vocals to build a chord and carry a song, instead of a lot of intruments carrying (Popbuzz).” The new music is also “Very personal,” and “Honest in a way that I [Urie] haven’t been from song to song (Rocksound.tv).”

Panic! at the Disco will be headlining at the Reading and Leeds Festival at the end of August (24-26), and they will also be touring this summer with Hayley Kiyoko and Arizona. Pray for the Wicked is produced by Jake Sinclair under the labels DCD2 and Fueled by Ramen. There will be eleven tracks: “Say Amen, Hey Look Ma I Made It, High Hopes, Roaring 20s, Dancings Not A Crime, One Of The Drunks, The Overpass, King Of The Clouds, Old Fashioned”, and “Dying In LA.” There was also a special holiday song released on December 20, 2017, called, “Feels Like Christmas,” but this will not be on the album.

About the Writer
Jessica Townsend, writer/editor
Jessica Townsend is currently a sophomore at ARHS. This is her second year working on the school paper. She is presently an editor and writer of world news. Townsend also takes a creative writing class, and enjoys to write in her free time as well. Other topics she enjoys are photography, art, and music. She...