Halloween Celebrated Inside

Halloween Celebrated Inside

Sophia Dingmon, Journalist, Editor

October is coming quickly and with October, comes Halloween! Halloween is a fun experience that we’ve all enjoyed since we were a baby dressed as a chicken or a lion. Then we grow up and we’re dressed at a Disney princess or a zombie. Then we grow a little more and we’re Shaggy from Scooby Doo or Katniss from The Hunger Games. Then we grow to the age that going out and being dressed as a chicken or a zombie isn’t as fun as it used to be. We like the candy, the scare, the movies, and the snacks. But we can enjoy those things without having to go out and dress up!

Grab a couple friends and plan a Halloween movie night! Wear matching Halloween fuzzy socks or pajamas and eat popcorn and Frankenstein cupcakes. Watch some scary movies or some not-so-scary movies; There are thousands of Halloween movies that can be enjoyed right from your comfy couch.

1. Casper-1995
    • Casper is about a father and daughter who move into a house that’s friendly haunted by Casper. Casper quickly falls for the daughter, Kat. But not only does Casper’s transparency get in the way, but also his trouble-making ghost uncles.
  2. Hocus Pocus-1993
    • Max Dennison and his sister Dani move to Massachusetts where they befriend a girl named Allison. After shrugging off a story Allison tells them, Max explores an abandoned house and accidentally releases 3 witches. Max, Dani, and Allison work together with a magical cat to steal the witches’ spell book and keep them from becoming immortal.
  3. Monster House-2006
    • 3 teenagers find that a neighboring house is a living creature that means to harm children, but no one believes them. It’s up to them to destroy the house and keep it from hurting innocent trick-or-treaters.
  4. Girl vs Monster-2012
    • Girl vs Monster is about a regular high school girl who finds out that she’s a 5th generation monster hunter. The monsters show up at Halloween to stop her before she even begins her legacy.
  5. The Addams Family-1991
    • When a man claims to be the father’s missing brother, Fester, he shows up the house of the odd family. The Addams’ are thrilled, except the daughter, Wednesday, who’s suspicious when Fester can’t recall the simple facts of his life. Fester gets help from a lawyer who’s able to evict the Addams’ from their home. When the father, Gomez, finds out Fester and his lawyer are planning to steal their riches, he knows he needs to stop them by challenging Fester.