New Season, New Show?

Sophia Dingmon, Editor

Riverdale is an American TV show series about four best friends who solve mysterious crimes in their small town. KJ Apa plays Archie Andrews; Cole Sprouse plays Jughead Jones; Lili Reinhart plays Betty Cooper; Camila Mendes plays Veronica Lodge.

The first episode came out January 26, 2017 and it was an instant hit. Viewers loved the mystery, love, and crime; They became fans of the show and of the actors very quickly.

Season 1 ended May 11, 2017. It was picked back up and season 2 came out October 11, 2017 and ended 22 episodes later on May 16, 2018. Fans eagerly waited for Riverdale’s season 3 to be released on October 10, 2018. The next two episodes of the third season were released October 17, 2018 and October 24, 2018.

So far, the two seasons of Riverdale have been surrounded by mutual enemies with unknown identities, such as the Black Hood or the Sugar Man. The two seasons have been captivating, mysterious, and simple, yet dramatic.

When the third season was released, fans eagerly watched. But as the episode ended, fans rampaged social media asking “Is this real?” and “What just happened?” and “What did I just watch?”. The results were scattered; Some fans enjoyed the new ‘Riverdale Approach’ and other fans disliked it.

Some fans felt that the show was changing into more of a Supernatural (2005) atmosphere. They liked the simple mysteries and love affairs; not the gangs murdering others or carving their symbols into boys’ backs, or the blue lips of suicide over an exaggerated board game.

Fans watch the released episodes with bewildered faces and unending thoughts, trying to figure out what they had just watched. Social media has been blowing up with questions, unapproved answers, and opinions on how Riverdale is becoming more and more like Supernatural as far as the demons and cults.

About the Writer
Sophia Dingmon, Journalist and Editor

Sophia Dingmon is a sophomore at ARHS and has been a journalist and editor for the newspaper for 2 years. She mostly writes and edits for the Student Life section. Sophia was born September 7, 2002, here in Summerville. She loves music of any kind. Her dream is to go to Charleston Southern and major in music therapy. She loves the color blue, the season autumn, Italian food, and her favorite book is Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Sophia loves her family, God, and her friends. Sophia thanks you for being a part of and supporting The Ridge!