Tips for Back to School!

Tips for Back to School!

Zoe Orechwa, Writer/Editor

It’s the start of a great school year, but you need to start right! Here are seven steps to make sure you have a great year…

1. We recommend starting the quarter on a good note with your teachers. By doing this, talk to them before, during, or after class. Tell them who you are; they love to know your unique personality. Also, in the long run, you’ll need a teacher for a recommendation letter so the more they know you, the better the recommendation!                                                                                            
  2. It is good to set up a studying routine to keep yourself on track. If you set aside an amount of time for each class every night, it will become natural.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  3. A great way to keep up with everything is an agenda! It can help you map out deadlines, important reminders, and other due dates.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  4. To get involved in after school sports or activities. Something fun that you can look forward to, and something that interests you! It’s not all about college resumes even though it does help; it is also a great way to make new friends, take a brain break, and show your school spirit.                                                                                                                                                                      
  5. Sit in front; nothing teachers hate more than kids slouching in the back.
    You will get called on more, and you may not hear everything the teacher has to say if you sit in the back. Stick to the middle or front of the room, for the best way to stand out.                                                                                                   
  6. Prepare for the next day; lay out your binders, your bag, and the outfit you want to wear the next day! Also if you pack a lunch, we recommend to pack your lunch the night before, so you don’t have a morning rush.                                                                                   
  7. The last thing is each day before you head out and breathe, high school is hard, but your years will fly past you, and soon enough you’ll be in college. So, participate in after school activities, study hard, and take the time to meet the best people in your life! Good luck!