Ex Principal Charged With Murder

Zoe Orechwa, Writer/Editor

Officials with Dorchester District Two confirmed on Wednesday, Sept. 18th that the ex-Summerville High School principal, James Stan Yarorough, murdered his wife.

A former classmate and neighbor said, “We hate that this has happened. We hate what Stan is going to have to go through if he is found guilty.”  Neighbors also said that they had heard the couple arguing before what happened. Yarorough was principal of Summerville High School from 1994 to 1998.

He told Summerville Police Tuesday morning that Karen went for a walk around 8 p.m. the night before, but never came home.  When the police got to the home they noticed one bullet on the floor of Yarorough’s bedroom, but it was not an empty cartridge.  Mr. Yarorough said he was unsure how the bullet got there and said he doesn’t own a gun.

Another thing police observed was the blood on Mr. Yarorough’s shirt, but Mr. Yarorough had said it was from taking blood thinners.  The vehicles parked outside the home were damaged, as were a broken wheel barrow and flower pots, as if someone attempted to clean up the scene.

Official Deputies found Mrs. Yarorough’s body near Harrison Road on Tuesday.  It appears that she died of homicide, according to Dorchester County Coroner’s Office, but an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning. Even though he is denying it all, the truth will come out soon.