Ashley Ridge Foxtival

Christina DiFabio, Contributor

Ashley Ridge High School is hosting the first Foxtival on March 14 from 9:30 a.m -2 p.m. The Future Farmers of America at AR originally wanted to have a fall festival but, they were unable to get it ready in time. They then decided to do it in the spring and call it the Foxtival.

Admission is free but, there are some event going on that will cost money. Some events going on are bounce houses, carnival games, feeding the animals, goat cuddling, local vendors, food trucks and the plant sales. The money raised will go to benefit the school. There will also be two cash prizes for DD2 elementary schools at the Foxtival. The school with the highest percentage of students to attend will receive $300 and second highest attendance will receive $100.

According to The Summerville Journal Scene, Ben Gibson said, “The hope is that the Foxtival will be an annual event that the community puts on their calendar and makes plans for well in advance. As the farm grows and improves we are excited to have a day each year for everyone to come and enjoy it. It is hard to offer full access to a farm like this, but we want to be able to open up our gates for a day and let folks of all ages enjoy what the students work so hard on day in and day out! We also believe it is great to show off the efforts of not only the agriculture students, but all students at Ashley Ridge. We invite all student organizations to participate in the Foxtival and 100% of the money they make at their game or booth goes back to that group,”

Ashley Ridge is excepting a great time on Saturday morning!