Different Activities To Do Over Break

Lily Earwood, Contributor

Because of the Coronavirus, Dorchester schools have been shut down until the end of April. This gives students weeks of homework, but they will also be self-isolated in their home for the majority of that time.

Many of the students that I know say that they are bored since they are not allowed to go out anywhere and everything is cancelled. Here are a few activities you can do to help pass your extra time!

• You can try to learn an instrument. If you have a piano or guitar, you could look up tutorials on Youtube to help you get started.
  • You can bake or cook something. You can always ask your mom or dad to pick up some cake mix at the store to keep you occupied.
  • You can start listening to different genres of music. If you usually listen to pop or rap, try out something new and out of your comfort zone. You might find something that you never thought you’d enjoy.
  • You can start a new series on Netflix. Try asking your friends for some new series you can watch while you’re stuck inside. If you have Disney+, you can always re-watch some of your favorite cartoon classics.
  • You can take a walk with your family or go on a run. It is still important to get exercise even if you are stuck at your house for most of the day. Just take a quick walk or run a mile!
  • You can start a new book. Pick up a book of one of the shelves at your house that catches your interest or download an audiobook app (since the libraries are closed).
  • You can FaceTime your friends and keep up with them. Even if you can’t see your friends face to face, you can always chat by giving them a quick call.
  • You can start a journal to talk about your experience in quarantine. Just take out an unused notebook and write about your day even if it might be boring.
  • You can make sure to keep up with your homework. We may be on break but still do all the assigned work that your teachers have given you.

Just remember to stay home and keep indoors. Teenagers going outside in large groups can put people like the elderly at risk. It is important to keep in mind that other people are much more in danger than you are. You could be risking people’s lives.