Ashley Ridge Students Celebrate Their Teachers

the 2020 virtual teacher appreciation week

:)

Hailey Brinson, Contributor

Teacher Appreciation Week is a week-long celebration in recognition of teachers and the contributions they make towards a student’s education and lifestyle. It is a national event that is held every year throughout the first full week of May. Throughout the week, many educators receive notes of appreciation or thank you gifts from their students, the parents or staff members of the school.

However, with the 2019-2020 school year being cut short, it became a lot more difficult for students to spend time with and recognize their favorite teachers. Students of all grades here at Ashley Ridge decided to show their love and support to their favorite teachers, only this week, celebrating virtually.

Freshman Leila McClough opens, “My favorite teacher is Mrs. Elwood because she never fails to put a smile on my face and always brightens my day.”

Kaley Thompson, also a freshman at Ashley Ridge, opens up about what makes her favorite teacher, Mrs. Robinson, so special and follows, “She is really nice and has always been available when I need help.” Thompson continues, “She has taught me so much over this past year, and I am very thankful to have such a great teacher!”

Sophomore Caroline Davis tells us, “My favorite teacher would be Mr. Dodds because he helped influence me to want to pursue media arts as a career.” Davis goes on to tell us how Dodds has helped her grow as a person within past school year(s) and continues with, “He helped push me to try new things in his class that expanded my understanding of art. I learned that I loved making art and creating it in different forms like through Photoshop in his class.”

Junior Katherine Jackson, also gave us the inside scoop of her favorite teacher and the impact they left on her. Jackson proclaims, “One of my favorite teachers is Mrs. Causey because she made every lesson fun and interesting.” Jackson continues, “What makes Mrs. Causey so special is that she seems to be able to naturally connect with all of her students. She is always encouraging, and I always felt welcomed to go to her for help/participate in her class.”

Thank you teachers for being some outstanding role models and educators for all of your students. Even when it may not feel like it, your students celebrate you so much and appreciate all that you do for them both in and out of the classroom. All of the dedication and hard work you put into your job helps to make every single Ashley Ridge student’s lives better, which leaves the student body forever grateful.