The Educations System is Corrupted

The education systems in the United States are corrupted, and they have been for years. The American education has been lacking benefits. The school system doesn’t help the students’ minds grow at all; it doesn’t challenge the students’ minds either. 

We are not the only people in the world to deal with this. The education system has been going on for decades and they don’t change the school system’s ways. For example, “The Common Core State Standards were developed to specify exactly what students should know before graduating high school. It was developed in 2009 to promote educational equity across the country, holding all students to the same standardized testing requirements. Some see the problem as federal intrusion into the state control of education and others say that it doesn’t allow for teacher innovation and flexibility with the learning process” (Public School Review). We don’t get to give our minds a chance to develop new ways to learn. The school systems have been doing the same technique for decades and it doesn’t match with the standard way to learn today. 

One student that goes to Ashley Ridge said, “I personally feel that school is very stressful and that it could improve on what classes should be required. The teaching skills in general are not bad, but it really depends on the teacher and the way they teach. The school gives out too much work and pretends we don’t have any other classes. Some classes I don’t understand why it should be a requirement and the grade averages shouldn’t make students feel dumb when they have a bad grade. The schools should be viewed on self-evaluation and not as a rating show. The system should also give some kids privilege because of a living situation, like a kid could be homeless or their family could be poor and they have to help by working jobs and trying to get all of their school work done. It’s like saying me, and a girl are doing a race and I’m at the starting line and the girl is 10 feet behind me, we should give them privileges and get to where I am so we are equal,” said Natalia Estrada. This is one and many other kids who feel the same way.

The classes we take in middle school all the way up to high school do not reach the standards that we want to take; there is always something that has to be required. This being because of curricular collapse: “Quotas, soaring costs changes in governance, corruption and financial collapse, have also resulted in reduced emphasis on the traditional liberal arts and the growth of shabby, incoherent, politicized” (Curricula). We can’t even enjoy the classes we want because of the lack of money the government gives to the schools. If all this could be fixed, we could start raising more money by doing fundraisers or hosting activities to get more money. We could also start to change the way the schools teach us by taking it up to the districts.